COVID-19 travel conditions to Romania:
Depending on the developments of the epidemiological situation both within and outside the EU, travel restrictions may be eased or reintroduced.
All travelers are responsible for verifying the travel restrictions in place before departure.
Check the 14-day COVID-19 case notification rate on the European Union site, also traveling conditions to Romania:
Click here to acces Re-open EU site
COVID-19 – Information to the attention of third-state nationals and stateless persons who are required to hold an entry visa for Romania, check Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs page:
COVID-19 prevention guidelines during event:
World Triathlon have issued WHO recommendations in accordance with the measures to reduce the general risk of transmission from acute respiratory infections listed below:
Participants should aim to keep at least two meters distance from other people, particularly those who feel unwell and have a cough or sneeze or may have a fever;
- Frequent hand washing by participants using soap and hot water or alcohol-based (at least 65–70%) hand rub for 20 seconds;
- People with symptoms of acute respiratory infection should practise cough etiquette (maintain distance of at least one meter, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash their hands);
- Avoid shaking hands or hugging;
- Avoid steam rooms or sauna;
- Avoid touching their own mouth, nose or eyes.
Athletes racing in a triathlon event must monitor their health status continuously (including taking their temperature and monitoring for any symptoms) from 14 days before and during the event.
- pre-event antigen test: these antigen tests are mandatory for elite, U23 and para athletes and are supported by the LOC
- pre-event antigen test for age groupers, coaches, team medical and support - only if it will be required by the actual pandemic reglementations of the Romanian Gouvernment
- use of masks/mouth-nose-face covering and rubber/disposable gloves by volunteers, officials and other accredited clients that are in contact with athletes (e.g. registration, transition zone, start area, post finish area).
- athletes are advised to wear masks/mouth-nose face covering and rubber/disposable gloves during any non-competition activity (e.g.registration, race package distribution/race package pick up)